Saturday, October 11, 2008

Serve your Country

One of my larger painting, Reflection" (oil on canvass, 48x60") has been selected to be part of the Art in the Embassies program. The destination of my painting is the U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar. I was notified a few months ago the the Ambassador, Joseph Lebaron, serving a 3 year term in Qatar was originally from the the Pacific NW.
As part of his diplomatic service, the Ambassador chooses American Art to be placed in the Embassy for the length of his stay. I was fortunate to be invited to participate. To learn more about the program go to http://aiep.state.gov.

2 comments:

derek said...

love the paintings. 2 bits of advice:
locate my old pal scott conary there in portland. he'll make your head swim.
and #2: change the blog font- much too tiny - i want to read all your goodies

you might like my stuff too.
derek

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

your work is so amazing.

 
Site Meter