Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Big 100

This fall has been very busy for me. I have participated in some awesome art shows here in Portland. I created 4 paintings in 8 hours at a live painting event called "Pulse". 35 artists participated in this event and all art work created in the 8 hours was auctioned off as a fundraiser for the Children's Heart Foundation.
"Little Things" at Guardino Gallery, 2939 NE Alberta St, which runs
through December 28th is a show where all art is 7x7" or smaller.

The painting to the right is a piece I created for a show called "Blue Squared" at Vino Paradisio, 417 NW 10th Ave, which runs through January 4th. The theme of this group show is Blue and all the art is square.

And finally "The Big 100"
at Olympic Mills which opens Friday, December 5th from 6-11pm at
107 SE Washington St.

The Big 100 is a group show with over 100 artist participating. We were all given 10 pieces of wood, 8x8" to create on and we only had 10 days to do it. Each piece will be sold for $30.00 with a portion of the sales going to charity. My favorite thing about shows like The Big 100 is the limited time to create the art. I didn't have time to over think each piece and tried something different.

Here are three images out of my 10 that will be in the show. I have a











few of my traditional landscapes, but I also played around with the composition of the lines and broke out of the horizontal. I am excited for the opening and to see all the other work by great local Portland artist!

1 comment:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Can't wait to see your work at the big 100 :)

 
Site Meter